Scooby Newbie

Member#: 192336
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2006 STiPad
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
jr4284, wanna trade me so I can get Julio Jones.
I'm always up for trading, and Julio is certainly on the block. We seem to feel the same about him (lots of hype, but he's done everything to live up to it and his QB is all about him). I'm expecting him to outperform most expectations just because of the coverage Roddy will be drawing on the other side of the field.

The tough part is that I'm really lacking at RB, but both of your RBs were top 14 picks. Julio isn't involved in that discussion and it's hard to work it in. MJD I don't necessarily like any more than DMc and I chose him over SJax. Both of our teams suffered from the curse of drafting near the end of a snake.

Offer something up and I'll look at it, but first glance is that it's going to be tough given our similar builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
Jr: Your team doesn't look that bad. My biggest concern is with your bye weeks. You're going to be pretty short-handed when DET and ATL sit. I think your draft strategy was spot on though, despite a few bad choices.

You jumped the gun on J. Jones, as did I. I got him in the 7th round @ pick 84. He most likely will go 90ish in most drafts. I'm a gambling man, but still would have taken Welker over him.

Best will be good this year as will most of Detroit. Stafford, if he's healthy, will finish top 3 fantasy QBs. If you go off of fantasy stats from the pre-season, he's ahead of everyone. I actually think DET has a more than fair shot at the division. I really do. FWIW, I got him in rd. NINE.
Thanks. Byes are always an issue, but hopefully I'll survive. The DET bye is a pretty easy fill: Bradford is an adequate replacement and we don't know where his ceiling is yet. I already professed my future love for Ingram given his capability to put up McGahee style numbers and his desire to be a 3 down back. The ATL bye is more tricky - 2 WRs go down and I have an ailing Crabtree to go with a failing project Roy Williams. I may be hitting the waiver wire for this year's Danny Amendola.

And remember, you reached for Julio in the region between my 6th and 7th picks (or that might actually be my 7th round pick), so I'm OK with a 1 round gamble. Welker I avoid like the plague in non PPR leagues. He gets so few looks at the goal line just because of the emergence of Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez along with Brady's love of the corner fade jump ball to taller receivers. My 8th round (pick 85) and 9th round (pick 108) selections were Stafford and Bradford, respectively, so I really hope I do have that problem of "which QB do I start this week?" That's a good problem to have so long as they both have solid potential.

I'm ready to get this season going!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by jr4284; 08-30-2011 at 10:57 AM.