Member#: 192336
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2006 STiPad
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms View Post
Draft theory advice sought

1st pick overall, starting lineup at the important positions is QB/RB/RB/WR-TE/WR-TE/WR-TE (no mandatory TE, just my choice at the WR-TE position)

All TDs are 6 points except for:
RBs who throw or catch a TD = 12 points
QBs who run or catch a TD = 12 points
WR/TEs who run or throw a TD = 12 points

At 1/1, do I go with the bellcow Adrian Peterson and look for a stronger QB in a pass-happy offense to go along with the best RB or WR available at the 2/12 and 3/1 spots?
or
Do I gamble with Vick at 1/1 and dig amongst the RB and WR available piles to get my #1 for the RB and WR positions at the 2/12 and 3/1 spots?

I have been going over this in my mind for the past week. I am not sold on Vick at 1 just yet. Even with his value pretty good to run one in every game (double points makes that a 12 point TD), Vick throwing for 1 and running for one equates to a pocket-passer QB throwing for 3 in a game.
I do like AP at 1, but my fellow league owners 'draft tendencies' and draft speculation lead me to believe that Brees/Brady/Rivers will not be there for me at 2/12.
AP and it's not even close IMO. I'd have to see how it affects the Vick situation but I feel like he's too big of a gamble to take 1st overall. Him playing all 16 games would be a miracle.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.