Scooby Guru

Member#: 33782
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
96 bastard child
search FIRST, then PM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve.804 View Post
^Keep in mind there is no reason to rev beyond what your turbo can support. And if you're after good street spool you dont want a turbo that gets going at 6000rpms. I think a 35R size (65lb/min) turbo should spool around the 4500-5000rpm mark and still hold power nicely to 8500+rpm. If you want 9000-10000rpms power potential you may want to consider a 40R size turbo but that will negativly effect your "good street spool." Obviously a lot of this is dependent on what headwork you have and cams you're using.
true story. I've had to tell guys that they don't want this engine in the past for what they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTurboLag? View Post
thats what im trying to find an even balance between steet drivibility and about 5-600WHP and a wide powerband for road racing.
you sir, are a good candidate for this engine then but I'd still size your cams a little on the small side. That being with how NASA dictates weight via power. That or run shorter final drive to make up your torque 'loss'. It'll also help with transient response/mid-range poewr which is what you'll be aiming to have for corner control. Then you can stretch out your top end on the straights though you won't quite have as much power.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Homemade WRX is offline   Reply With Quote