Old 03-14-2003, 01:53 PM   #4
kmin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 28968
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
1997 BG Outback Ltd
black riding on MR.

hmm, offroading? lol, haven't really gone offroading intentionally in the OB... although that is part of the reason why i did get the OB... the most offroad i've done was at the grand canyon (went right up to the edge and camped overnight, 'coz the motels were basically extorting $$)... or the time in the dark i backed up the OB into a ditch that i didn't know was there!

that was a pretty fun time... had the right rear wheel spinning in the air, and the whole thing was balancing on the left rear wheel and the front right wheel... it couldn't pull itself out, but someone who could drive stick came along, got in the driver's seat and gave it some gas, while i went behind the right rear and pushed the car up so the front left was on the ground too. Once both front wheels were on the ground, the OB calmly pulled itself out without any fuss. ah yes, the beauty of all wheel drive.

and as for the head gaskets... bummer. it is one of those problems though, that even if it hasn't happened to you yet, no guarantee that it won't in the future, and it probably would. you can't really get conclusive evidence to confirm it won't happen, only conclusive evidence to confirm that it will. shucks. was hoping to avoid that...

turbo.. maybe. but i think i oughta start saving up $$ for that head gasket! what about the snorklesectomy that i keep hearing about? what exactly does that do?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kmin is offline   Reply With Quote