Scooby Guru

Member#: 51961
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2005 STi
2012 WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB-737 View Post
One other question on tuning in the WGDC tables... Should my Target primary wastegate be my the value in my initial table? Or between the Initial and Max? this is where I'm still slighly confused on what table should read what.

I'm guessing the Initial should be the lowest WG value needed to reach that target boost in any of the gears since that varries, and then your max is the highest WG necessary to reach the target boost in any of the gears. Am I correct in that thinking?
Under ideal conditions, your car would always run the initial WGDC, and TD Int and TD Pro would be 0, because your boost error would be zero. The WGDC max table is just there as a safety net to keep things from going out of control, you should never actually have to use it. You want it to be high enough where it doesn't interfere with TD Int and TD Pro as they're doing their job fixing any boost problems you might have, but you don't want it to be so high where if something goes wrong, your WGDC isn't allowed to push all the way to 100 and cause a huge boost spike. Your WGDC max table should never actually be used for tuning, just as a safety net.

Without per-gear WGDC compensations, I would probably tune the initial WGDC table in 3rd or 4th, and let the turbo dynamics modifiers do their job in the other gears.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
the suicidal eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote