Member#: 283048
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Ltd Hatch
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesubie View Post
OT/Slight thread hijack.
I'm actually being bold right now and trying a Motul oil with girly man levels of ZDDP. X-clean C3 5W-30. It's SM rated, but it doesn't get the official girly man Energy/Resource Conserving seal because it meets Euro ACEA A3 specs with a higher High Temp High Shear and it's also thick at 100C like GC (which gives me some comfort). Low TBN though so I won't be pushing it too far. Although someone here did a 7,500 mile run in an STI (and without a TBN reading).

-Dennis
Do post the UOA when you can get it - I'm interested. At $9+ a quart, it better be good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aserr View Post
Well, based on the mixed reactions here, I opted not to argue with dealer. I paid for the oil change to 5w-30 and drove away hoping all was well. I'll be honest: the car did seem to run smoother, but maybe it was just my imagination.

But, surprise, surprise, the problem is not fixed . The CEL came on again this evening while idling at a stoplight. I haven't pulled the codes yet, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't more misfires. Needless to say, I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow...
Damn sorry to hear it is isn't fixed yet. I would not pay for any additional work until the dealership has fixed the problem and kept the car for at least 2-3 days beyond that without the CEL coming back on.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
furiouswrx is offline   Reply With Quote