Turbo.steve
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 284490
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza WRX
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveyboy View Post
I don't see how the master cyl brace from grimspeed will stop this. The bracket is breaking off from the inside because of leverage and poor mounting.

How has it turned out for you turbosteve?
When I looked in to this I found a post from someone that used the Grimspeed brace and their weld breaks and noise did get worse over time so it didn't help. Thankfully this has been resolved for me as I took it to my local dealer and with some persistence they repaired it for free even though I was out of warranty. It took them only 2 days to fix but nearly a week to get in touch with the right people at SOA to tell them how to fix it. I was told this was the first one they fixed at this dealer and their 20 year veteran Subaru mechanic had never seen this before.

I was eager to think this solved my noisy morning throw out bearing noise and it was gone for a few days but has returned so I guess I'm going to need that replaced soon too. All in all the clutch feels nice now and only has the faintest squeak when I press it in and can only be heard when everything is off in the car.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Turbo.steve is offline   Reply With Quote