Old 10-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #156
snoxracer183
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 206640
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

No one is arguing a curb/driveway/snow isn't "our fault" for cracking our bumpers. We all hit/rubbed/bumped something. I've nailed the $h!t outta snowbanks taller than the hood of my '06 2.5i. I've absolutley destroyed an entire "wall" of cones autox'ing with a lot of my cars. I've rubbed driveways, curbs, sidewalks in the past. NEVER has a bumper of mine cracked. One cone on the very side edge of the bumper of a 2011 cracks it on this new car? Come on, thats ridiculous...

The following are exaggerated examples of what this situation is that is frustrating us 2011 owners:

What if if you run over one single rock, your tire goes flat...
Wind blows your car door shut hard and the window falls out of it...

You get the idea. There is a certain amount of "toughness" that everyone should expect out of the design of a car. The front bumper has NO toughness. This is a Subaru. People buy these cars because they want to get to work through 6" of snow to get to work. We need to run through snowbanks left by plow trucks on the roads. Look at the amount of people that accidentally bump a curb at some point.

A bumper in general is something that should be a tougher part of a car. Its probably the part of the car that is banged, bumped, bruised by foreign objects the most often. Things that normally shouldn't wreck a bumper are on these 2011s.

We know it's our fault for hitting stuff, but a WRX bumper should be a bit tougher than they are
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
snoxracer183 is offline   Reply With Quote