Scooby Newbie

Member#: 206640
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Cartman View Post
Well said snoxracer! I've been driving in fear for the past 10 months, as I know all it takes is one driveway scrape or parking barrier bump to crack my bumper. This is no way to live!

My wife's Acura TL is fairly low to the ground, and I can't tell you how many times we've scraped it backing out of a driveway. 3 years, and not a crack in sight - The way it should be!

Question: Anyone have any ideas on ways to prevent the bumper from cracking? Any sort of reinforcements we can do to protect our fragile bumpers? With snow season right around the corner, I'm worried about the safety of my bumper..
With winter coming, I am going to pony up and buy the WRX/STI lip from Subaru. Looks like it is attached with a lot mounting points. My hope is that the lip will stiffen up the paper thin plastic bumper enough at the bottom to keep it from flexing to the point of cracking it. Retarded to spend $300 on something like this though...Scary to think what -10 degrees is goign to do to my bumper and some fresh wet heavy snow...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
snoxracer183 is offline   Reply With Quote