10-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Top Scoob HQ
So you've seen the Top Scoob contest raging on the front page of NASIOC and want to get involved, maybe even take the giant leap and enter your ride?
Here's everything you need to know to get you and your on the road to becoming the next Top Scoob.
It’s easy to enter your car, all you need is a Subaru, a camera, a place to host pictures, a user account here on NASIOC.com, and the ability to type a sentence or two…
The Rules are as follows...
- Please limit your entry post to only THREE pictures of your car, whatever you feel best shows off your hard work and imagination. Once the voting begins you are free to add more pictures with new post. Feel free to post away for as long as you remain in the running.
- A written description of your ride, the more detailed the better. We’re talking about more than just a mod list, we want you to share the story behind your Scoob. Tell us why and how you bought it, what inspires you to modify it, and what all you’ve done to it and why. Most important is to tell us what you do with your car...race, show, cruise, polish with a diaper, whatever.
Think of it as your own magazine feature, the better you sell your car to the masses the better the chances of your Subaru becoming a Top Scoob.
- You're more then welcome to start a campaign thread in your Regional Forum however the General, Off Topic, and Gallery forums are off limits to vote generating threads. If you already have a thread about your car in the Gallery feel free to bump away.
- Campaign threads can only be started by the entrants themselves. Showing support is perfectly fine but do not spam the forums begging for votes for a friend. Doing so not only reflects poorly on the entrant but may incur the displeasure of the administration.
- Trash talking is not welcome in this contest. If you need to tear down another competitor in an effort to build yourself up please do not bother to enter. That goes for everyone.
How it works
- This is a contest, open to all Nasioc members that own a Subaru.
- You must be the current owner of the car, no third party entries allowed.
- Entries must be submitted to a specified Top Scoob thread stickied at the top of the Member's Gallery. The number of cars allowed is limited to a maximum of 25. Any themes or restrictions on entries will be clearly described before the contest begins. For example: GC Only, or Wagons Only, or 100% Bugeye Free, you'll get the idea.
- Please only one entry per person.
Voting and Eliminations
- There are three rounds of voting, Round One = 10 days, Round Two = 8 days, Final Round = 6 days
- After the First Round the cars placing in the bottom 15 positions will be knocked out.
- After the Second Round the cars placing in the bottom 7 positions will again be knocked out.
- The final three cars will go head to head to head in a final poll to select who has the Top Scoob.
- *based on our maximum entry of 25 cars. Knockout cut offs and the number of first and second round threads will be adjusted at the start of the contest depending on the total number of entries.
- Votes are automatically reset to zero at the start of each round.
- In case of a tied vote for the last transfer spot in the first two rounds, the entrants involved will compete in a 24-hour Run Off vote.
If there is a tied vote for first place in the final round, a 72-hour Run Off vote will decide the winner.