View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #50
VDJR7
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 298381

hello to all. My name is Victor, I live in CT. I bought a 2009 Impreza wagon. It is lightning red and I bought it with 10K from the dealer. I bought the vehicle in very late december of 2009. The car has 56K miles on it now. I've been noticing paint issues for quite some time but took no action but a few thousand miles ago I started noticing quite large paint chips and what looked to me as if the paint was corroding off the spots on the vehicle. I went to the subaru dealer I bought it from.
The man said there looked to be a problem and to call corporate subaru. I have the extended warrantee. I spoke with someone from corporate for many weeks emphasizing there was in very bad issue with the paint. I took it to 2 body shops and both gave me written professional opinions and estimates. I came online and looked to see if this was a common problem and it is. After months of going back and fourth with Subaru they said they were not going to help me because 1) the car is out of warrantee and 2) the paint was caused from sap and rock chips. I've done my research and from all the data I have collected it is not our faults. This is a defect in paint which Subaru does not want to deal with.

Long story short, everyone please let me know if you would be interested in a class action law suit against subaru to have our impreza's repainted. I'm sure I'm not the only person this has happen to and am asking for full support from the Impreza community. My email address is subaru.impreza.issue@gmail.com
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
VDJR7 is offline   Reply With Quote