Old 10-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #336
ex25rs
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 147181
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX 5-door
SWP

Sorry if this is considered a bump after a week of inactivity, but I had some questions for Dan. My knowledge of these new generation of Subarus is fairly limited, as my last Subaru was a 2.5RS (hence the username).

I'm under the impression that CCW Classics can be ordered to specs provided by customers, i.e. diameter/width, hub bore size, offset. Being the case, what would be the optimal offset for a 18x10 wheel to fit on a '11 hatch? Another concern is optimal tire size- I'm not a fan of skinnier, low profile tires (though I know the profile increases in size as a tire widens) and was thinking of 265/40/18. Also in consideration is 275/35/18. Not a fan of the super stretched look. The roads around the bay area aren't too great, and having the extra "cushion" leaves my mind at ease. I don't mind rolling the rear/front fenders, though ideally it wouldn't require much more work than that.

Paired with the wheels will be a set of H&R coilovers. Just looking for something decent for the street; won't see any track/race use. Is there anything else better for the money? About $1200, IIRC. Also need to look into other small bits and pieces, though I'm not sure if I'll need a camber kit. I don't plan on "slamming" the car. Like I said, the car will be for the street, so at most some aftermarket bushings, sway bars and end links.

Post is a bit long, and I appreciate any insight you have.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ex25rs is offline   Reply With Quote