View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 10:17 PM   #339
Mach V Dan
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 12029
Chapter/Region: MAIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex25rs View Post
Being the case, what would be the optimal offset for a 18x10 wheel to fit on a '11 hatch?
I'm thinking something like +45.

Quote:
Another concern is optimal tire size- I'm not a fan of skinnier, low profile tires (though I know the profile increases in size as a tire widens) and was thinking of 265/40/18. Also in consideration is 275/35/18. Not a fan of the super stretched look.
I would highly advise staying within 2% of stock diameter. The 275/35R18 is closer to stock size, and will probably be an easier fit because despite being wider than stock STI tire, it's 0.5% shorter, instead of being 2.6% taller. 265/35R18 is still less than 2% smaller than the stock STI size, and it's actually EXACTLY the same as the stock 235/45R17 WRX size tire.

Quote:
Paired with the wheels will be a set of H&R coilovers. Just looking for something decent for the street; won't see any track/race use. Is there anything else better for the money?
We've departed from wheel and tire fitment here. Let's stick to that topic in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z-logic View Post
2011 sti I put on Rota Grids 18x9.5 front an rear with 38 offset...You need 5mm spacers in front for brembo clearance.
Just to be clear, you need the spacers with that particular wheel in that particular fitment. Many other wheels with the same size and offset will not require spacers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex25rs View Post
What I'm most concerned about right now is good fitment without rubbing in the desired 18x10 size...
Why are you so focused on the 10" wheel width? For a 265 I'd go with a 9.5" wheel.

--Dan
Mach V
FastWRX.com
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Mach V Dan is offline   Reply With Quote