View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #45
girodisc
Former Vendor

Member#: 177674
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Yeah looking into the rules for XP I think I am going to make a few changes. I want to try my hand at some fiberglass since its been such a long time and I'd like to refresh myself. I am going to redo the rear door and hatch skins in fiberglass with a couple layers of Carbon fiber. The front doors outer skin will be made the same way but be fused onto the gutted inner door skin so it will be much lighter but I will still be able to use it like a good door. I am going to redo the fenders using foam (flared to fit the big tires), cover them in fiberglass, and then melt the foam out from the backside. They will get fused to just the outline of the original fender so I don't have to worry about fit and attachment points. The rear quarters will be cut out and a new fiberglass over fender will be fused on. This will probably take an additional 70-100lbs out of the weight of the car and I think I am going to go with the R34 Midnight Purple w/ Bronze wheels and leave the hood, doors, hatch in carbon fiber. I am still working on this GC but I am going to devote some time to the fozzy this weekend and maybe start on removal of the floor pieces and maybe get it on its side to do some of the undercoating removal. The GC project is moving along nicely but I think I am going to run out of work soon since there is no tranny, no engine, and no interior back to me. Car might leave fora a bit to get painted before we start assy so if that happens I'll go full bore into this while I have the extra bay open.

This is the color I am thinking. It will be a custom color but it will be similar to this but with way more pop.

I am on the hunt for parts right now so I have contacted a few people for some deals to see if I can stretch my money a little farther. The more I save the more I can do. And do I mean more HP lol.

Johann @ Girodisc
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by girodisc; 10-27-2011 at 01:22 PM.
girodisc is offline   Reply With Quote