View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 03:46 PM   #51
girodisc
Former Vendor

Member#: 177674
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Hit a good stopping place on the GC on Sunday so I got to put in a few hours on the Fozzy.

Got my ol trusty hammer and big screw driver and got to work on the sound proofing.

Next wheel be taking a wire wheel to all of it and getting the remainder off. I'll do that once all the metal that I am going to remove is off so I am not wasting time cleaning parts I don't even plan to keep. After I finished I removed the windshield and side windows. This is the result of a couple hours of work...

After I finished I weighed the sound proofing and amazing I removed 49lbs of weight alone. The glass as another 55lbs so total for the day was 104lbs! Not to shabby.

Next I marked the 2 floor pieces that I am going to remove and replace with some much lighter aluminum. pieces. I am leaving the stock gas tank cradle strap points for now. I have my new spot-weld bits ordered up so I can get the pieces inside removed. I am confident I can pull another 100 or so pounds out of the chassis before I even start pulling off undercoating pieces out of the engine bay.

More updates once my bits come in.

Johann @ Girodisc
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
girodisc is offline   Reply With Quote