Scooby Newbie

Member#: 147181
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX 5-door
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAPPYDO View Post
That just does not work for me. Looks forced and ill fitting.

@ ex25rs, There is no such thing as a proper fitting 10" rim. It is too darn wide. You will be doing detrimental things to your handling, as the ability to put a contact patch that wide and flat will not be possible with stock camber settings. The weight of the rim and tire will effect the way your suspension reacts, and itwill increase your braking distances.

going to a 10" tire is purely a looks thing if your into that sort of look. It is not for performance unless you have Major dollars of supporting equipment to take advantage of the extra width.

I would wager most stock rimmed/tired STI's would be faster in any measurable competition.
After more thought (and thanks to Simplypenney's photos) I've decided to go with 9.5". I was under the impression that a 10" wheel would sit "flush" on these newer wide body styles, but I stand corrected. I am indeed going for a functional fitment and am not into the "hella flush" scene, and fully intend on retaining stock or near-stock camber settings. The purpose of this vehicle is to be a DD. Though, I'll need to do a bit more research on offset. I was considering between +40 and +48, with H&R coilovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
A 10" wheel (or even a 9.5") is not unique in anyway, ESP on the new chassis. Want to be unique? Try a functional fitment hhahaha.
My line of thinking is that since most people go 9.5", I'd go an extra .5" to be "unique." And yes, I am going for a functional fitment, as stated above, I despise the "hella flush" "stance works" "fatlace" "canibeat" movement. This is just a DD and I have no intentions of tracking it in anyway- there are other toys for those purposes.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ex25rs is offline   Reply With Quote