Scooby Newbie

Member#: 261241
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2014 C63 AMG
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by solridr View Post
i have a 2009 impreza 2.5i and am seriously contemplating this swap. I have been researching for about the last 3 months. I have a few questions you may be able to answer. As far as parts are concerned, hood (optional probably purchasing fmic), crossmember, full cabin harness with ecu immobilizer and keys, engine harness, upgraded impreza clutch. All sound about right? Lastly, and this is where the questions comes in 2.5 out of wrx. Does the engine have to be out of an 08+ or could it be from any with the drive by wire, say like an 06-07?
Sounds good! Don't forget your fuel system (WRX/walbro pump, lines and wiring), exhaust, downpipe, intake airbox and anything else your motor doesnt come with.

As far as the motor, I am not sure you can use an older motor with your 09 (I dont know if they changed the transmission, it may not mount up). I don't know why you would though, but keep in mind if you swap the motor to an older year, you wont be able to pass smog and you wont be able to get the car barred by the state you're in.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
radd269 is offline   Reply With Quote