STiSam52
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 281826
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2008 STi OBP
340 whp 329 wtq

Default Hard Start - Fuel Pump Issues?

So I have been having issues starting my car at different points in the day. The first video is in the morning. Normally car sits 12 or so hours before I drive it in the morning. It starts up fine as you can see from video and the rpms and boost are normal. You can hear the fuel pump whining when I turn the key.

This is after work. I parked the car at 8 and leave work at 5. It sat for exactly 9 hours. Usually starts after 15 seconds. Boost is higher than normal and car shakes. Fuel pump sounds normal as well.

This is at idle. Idles perfectly.

I have tried every trick in the book. Turn it on to prime the pump three times for ten seconds. No go. The only times it starts right away are in the morning after sitting 10+ hours, and within 5 minutes of turning off. So when getting gas or running in some where real quick. Any time else between 10 minutes to 10 hours, it starts hard.

List of fuel related mods: Perrin fuel rails, Walbro 255 pump, and 650 cc injectors. And yes, it is tuned for all of this. Fuse is fine and holds charge.

My tuner says the problem is the cradle holding the fuel pump. Since its a Walbro it had to be modified and the previous owner used zip ties.

I am looking for others with this problem. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by STiSam52; 11-08-2011 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Because obviously I am incappable of uploading movies correctly
STiSam52 is offline   Reply With Quote