View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #18
PPhilthy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 102948
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2006 STI

I've requested dyno charts with the correct scaling from Agile and shall post them once I receive them...

I don't frequent the forums much, mainly because it's often just a waste of time dealing with know it all tough guys behind a keyboard that are all to quick to degrade the dialog to insults and personal attacks all over ego and nonsense - you can digest the information anyway you want, but the fact is the BW S300SX FMW is a ridiculous good turbo and absolutely unmatched for the price point...

I've been trying different setups on my STI since I bought it new back in 2006... I've used a few of the FP bolt on turbos (regular green, HTA green, red), I used the ATP35R, Garrett 4088R, had a APS header up-pipe (four of them actually because they kept cracking), a Full-Race 1.5 scroll kit, and a Full-Race complete TS kit (what's on the car now)...

The BW S300SX FMW, by far has out performed any of my previous setups... I have never been fully satisfied with my STI, owning a +800hp EVO, a +700hp TT G35 Time Attack race car, and a handful of other ridiculously fast toys, the STI was never in my top five favorite toys that I own... I have spent a lot of time and money trying to make this car a respectable fast daily driver, and had all but given up before Geoff told me about this new BW turbo...

This turbo just flat out kicks butt - good boost threshold, makes great power all they way up to my 8000rpms rev limiter, and the boost recover between shifts is just flat out instantaneous... I'm pretty confident that with E85, this turbo will do over 650whp with even more gains in the mid-range - I admittedly was surprise to see the boost threshold of a 35r and the power of a much larger turbo...

On the dyno, we were hitting peak boost of ~29psi and then it would taper to ~27psi at redline, on the street it holds 30psi across the board...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
PPhilthy is offline   Reply With Quote