Old 11-15-2011, 09:08 PM   #59
Homemade WRX
Scooby Guru

Member#: 33782
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
96 bastard child
search FIRST, then PM!!!

So time for an update; I finally got some time to rip the rear end and the front suspension ripped out.

In dropping the rear suspension, diff and crossmember I realized the all too expected frozen suspension bushing problem.

This may be a slight indication that your bushings are frozen. Two hefty friends and a 4' cheater bar, I was able to break all but one bolt free (see the driverside outer lateral link bolt)

So I made a quick call to Turn In Concepts and they came to my rescue. I found a few surprise goodies in the back as well
One of them being the new FCar bushings.

I'm hoping to get some time this weekend to press out the old bushings and install the new goodies. I'm also hoping to be able to walk you guys through stitch welding the rear x-member.

I'm quite excited to try out the new suspension something fierce. Between quality bushings that will actually rotate and not freeze and flex like gummy bears under any suspension travel, the Unabomber sexy rear end treatment, and my Feal revalved struts ; this thing will feel like a whole new car!!!

<---tempted to just toss my sleeved 4" bore engine into the car just to test things out

P.S. the beanie fits my ginormous dome piece
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Homemade WRX; 11-15-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Homemade WRX is offline   Reply With Quote