soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Default Soccer05 Bugeye Build

Off come the OEM sideskirts, still deciding between some OEM STI sideskirts or a set of newer wrx sideskirts painted WRB to match the car. Still undecided, fortunately with a build of this magnitude I will have plenty of time to keep an eye out and decide. I know I want an oem subaru sideskirt, if anyone has pictures that look particularly functional go ahead and post a pic with year and model. Nothing aftermarket though, I would rather spend the budget somewhere other than sideskirts.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And off comes the front bumper and grill.

Test fitting the AMS Front Bumper Beam. This is a gorgeous part and bolts into the oem location, drops 20.5 pounds off the extreme nose of a front heavy car. Made of steel I love this part. A little bummed because while it fits perfectly, I now need to figure out a way to mount the bumper to the ams crash beam. The beastly OEM bumper beam has holes for the clips used to help postion the bumper and grill. Hope I can figure out a solution that will work for a daily driver, because I want to do everything I can to lighten the nose of this car up to aid in handling. We'll see what secrets LIC motorsports and Top Speed can figure out. Worse case scenario it'll be time for a jdm bumper beam. Lets hope not.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote