soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Default Soccer05 Bugeye Build

View of the Hotchkis Adjustable front endlinks. These served me well as a daily driven endlink after my Whiteline Endlink failure and seizure. I was not overwhelmed with the longevity of the front endlink, who knows maybe it was a bad set. I know sphericals wear faster, but the set I have on my 240sx continues to go strong with quadruple the mileage. I have talked with Mark at MSI and will be using a set of his adjustable front spherical endlinks for the build. Can not wait for these, they look and sound amazing.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dropping the OEM Cast Iron exhaust Manifolds, will be replaced with a Swaintech coated and wrapped Perrin Equal Length Header. To use this header on the ej205 you must upgrade to an STI oil pan. I used this as an opportunity to splurge and purchased a Killer Bee aluminum pan, windage tray, and pickup. Killer Bee is another amazing vendor, took tons of time to answer my questions and we both agreed for my goals his setup was far superior to others on the market. When the parts arrived, the look and finish of them is amazing. I will post pics shortly, just don't have them with me.

Picture of Front suspension disassembled. Front Ball joint and tie rod seperated and pulled.

View of the ball joint seat. Will be replacing with a Whiteline Roll Center Correction Kit Extended ball joint and tie rod ends. This car has lived solely in California, and still needds a little clean up work to make it perfect. I don't know how you east coasters work on cars with the salt and snow back there. I am so glad I moved back to California weather.

Rest of hub looks good. I will be replacing all the wheel bearings at this time, good preventative maintenance for this car in anticipation of high g loads from my massive sticky tires.

Picture of disassembled front suspension. Moving forward with disassembly.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote