soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Default Soccer05 Bugeye Build

With the suspension completely disassembled, it is time tear into the engine bay disassembly. I am completely confident in the suspension arena, but am taking my time and marking everything in the engine bay to aid in reassembly. As I work full time and working on this out of my spare time, it can take a while before reassembly, and don't want to forget anything. Here is a final view with just the OEM TMIC removed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Removing the OEM Turbo for a bigger, more aggressive unit. After much consultation with LIC Motorsports and Full Race I have decided to go with a Garrett GTX 3071 turbo for my horsepower goals. I really hope my transmission holds up until I can purchase a six speed and then I can take advantage of the diffs and stronger gears. I must say, for the amount of miles my car has the turbo looks amazing, practically zero oil, no shaft play, the oem unit sure is durable.

And the empty space waiting to be filled with a massive Garrett GTX 3071. I sure hope I didn't go too big, and that the superior aerodynamics and efficiency of the garret chra and ball bearing construction will keep me happy with its throttle response. I will be doing a few other things to attempt to minimize the lag and maximize my boost onset and throttle response. We will see, if its too laggy I guess I will have to upgrade to a 2.5 block when I do the transmission.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote