Scooby Newbie

Member#: 271648
Vehicle:
2006 STi
Steel Grey Metallic (26D)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04furesterXT View Post
LOL. Good luck.
Thanks, but i doubt very much I will be needing it. Furthermore, if it can't handle it in stock form, its a pathetic car and will be moving down the line.

A stock STi makes roughly 240awhp...to ask 380awhp of it is about 160% of its intended stress/power. For comparison's sake, my turbo GSR made 364whp on the stock block whereas a stock non-turbo makes roughly 160whp. That's more than double and still nowhere near pushing it to the limit. Several of my friends have run into the 400whp range with nothing more than a stock B series Honda, E85 and a turbo setup. It isn't rocket science provided the OEM parts are quality and your tuner is competent.

Ive been building turbo Hondas for the past 5 years so it isn't my first time around the block, but I suppose not everything will translate directly from one manufacturer to the next. I guess we'll see how things turn out. For the record, my buddy Jon's 04 STi (with nearly 100k miles) is at 421awhp/420wtq with nothing more than a MAP 20G, E85 and a few simple bolt ons...there's a little proof that it can be done
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Schister66; 11-21-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Schister66 is offline   Reply With Quote