I had the same issue with my blower, only worked on 4. I read this thread and started at the blower resistor. Sure enough it wasnt working. I tested it with an ohm meter to be sure. There is one spot that had a soldered conection on the resistor bord. Since I was going to replace the thing anyways I scratched off a tiny amount of the coating on either side of the soldered conection and tested for continuity. Turns out that there was no conection!. I soldered a tiny piece of wire to the two ends that I had scratched and tested the resistor by simply plugging it back into my car. problem solved! blower works on all settings now, and saved 40$.