NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 91212
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5DR
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattonio View Post
Did the retrofit on my wrx, my problem was that I cracked one of the housing, cant really tell. But It got so late when I was doing it, and its my only car so I had to rush it or no lights the next day . Definitely more sealant since one of my lights was open on one part and got some condensation in it. Resealed it and its good, but I can tell when I look real close that stuff got in that can't be removed. Nonetheless, looks great.

Question though, I got 6k HID's but now the high beams look like crap and I messaged TRS about getting high beams and fog lights. Should I get the same kelvin (6k) or what? They said to get the H3C foglight kit, and the 9005 kit. $120 for each kit. Other thing is I no idea where to place the ballasts. And wiring might be odd. Havent seen anyone use their kits on the 2011 wrx, nor any walkthroughs. I'll keep researching unless anyone has some feedback.
Did you do the bixenon part of the retrofit install? If so, I would try to use halogen bulbs to colormatch, if it is the appearance that is bothering you. The quick flicker if flashing high beams is really bad on all bulbs, but particularly on HIDs.

As for fogs- do you have stock fog lights, or are you talking about adding foglights? HIDs in the factory reflector housings is not exactly yhe best idea out there.

And I like TRS and all, but i have had over 35,000 miles on $40 DDM kits without a single failure. More bang for the buck- just no baller status (if that matters to you...).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
phenryiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote