subiewrx001
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 193591
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
04 WRX VF34
water/meth, spt intake

Default How to fix IACV!!

For me the IACV on my wrx was stuck. So I took it off the TB then cleaned it with no change in rpm. I then took a screwdriver that fit in the 5 star screws that hold the motor onto the valve(plastic peice attached to the metal piece with two screws) remove the two screws and get some new ones(4mx25mm). Take the motor off and try to spin the metal piece sticking out of the part that bolts to the TB, it should spin freely. If it doesnt then it is simply stuck so I used carb cleaner they recommend electronic cleaner spray along the top edge inside. Then spin it and make sure it spins some what smoothly. Make sure the end sticking out is facing down and put the motor back on using the new 4mx25mm screws. Plug it into the wire harness but leave it unbolted its hard to do alone but have someone turn the key to the on position and it will turn slightly inside which means its working. DO THIS BEFORE BUYING A NEW IACV. If this doesnt workk then the motor burned up trying to spin it. Good luck!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
subiewrx001 is offline   Reply With Quote