Scooby Newbie

Member#: 221915
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
1995 SR20/Impreza L
Metallic Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by djelly84 View Post
awesome build man! great to see more people making subaru drift builds! I'm sure you will be very pleasently suprised once you get the car sideways at how amazing they are for drifting!

Be sure to check out Derrick, Russell, Stephens and my builds if you haven't done so already. Tons of helpful stuff in each of them.

Biggest advice I can give you is put considerable time into modifying your steering. If you have GC non-abs knuckles, they are perfect for drilling in order to get more angle, and drill significantly in as it makes a world of difference. On the other hand look into where the front tire will hit as on my GDB it hits the frame rail right where the cross member bolts and i had to knotch it significantly.

I'm assuming the impreza L was FWD, and if so that rack travels further lock to lock than other suby racks and gives you roughly 10 degrees more steering angle.

In terms of the rear diff, r180 or r200 are both really fine. Just make sure you don't use the stock rear axles as they will snap in a second. Check out this thread for a lot of good pics on getting the r200 in there!

Can't wait to see this thing sideways!
Thanks man! yeah I've looked/viewed all of their builds and took little bits from each one. My Impreza L was a AWD 2.2 model, however I did pull the steering rack from a 95' FWD because I already knew about that mod, but thanks for reinstating it. As far as knuckles go...I'm using all 06 STi components with a custom Cortex Racing Bump Steer kit that hasn't been made yet. If everything works accordingly we will possibly mass produce it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuusaa View Post
I'm with Ferg on this on!! That's awesome your thinking literally outside the box. Keep us updated man.
Thanks man! I really do try and be different in everything I do, and with this build my patience has had its work out haha. I wanted to give up so many times, but the people helping me pushed me to complete it. I couldn't have done it without them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
doing everything right. keep us updated!

Thank you! yeah a lot of people give me a hard time on how long it has taken to get to this point, but I keep reminding them, "It's because I'm doing it the RIGHT way." I'm a very meticulous person so everything has to be perfect. I swear I've done numerous things to this car 1, 2, sometimes 3 times, and have changed my mind numerous times on different exterior ideas. Keep up with the build! glad to see people enjoying it!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RiSky is offline   Reply With Quote