Old 12-01-2011, 01:32 AM   #15
soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Everyone who has driven the wrx in anger on track or even aggressively on the street knows how woefully inadequate the oem brake package is at stock power levels. With my drastically upgraded suspension and power levels, it would be foolish not to give stoptech a call and throw on a balanced big brake kit. I am looking forward to these, combined with stainless lines all around, stoptech pads front and rear, and motul fluid, to really throw me forward in my seat when I need the whoa pedal.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

While I have the hubs off it is time to do some preventative maintenance in anticipation of the increased loads I will be putting the car through on and off track. Front and rear hubs received brand new wheel bearings courtesy of Subaru, and the soft, squishy OEM rear trailing link hub bushing was replaced with a spherical bearing for increased response. Anyone who wonders about this modification should slide a jack under their hub and start jacking up, the jack will move almost 3/4 of an inch before it moves the hub itself, squishy bushings are the enemy of response.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote