View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 12:09 AM   #42
RonW
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 103663
Vehicle:
1968 Porsche 912
STi v8 Spec-C conversion

Well no kids or wife around to bug me so I was able to make some headway on the car. I didn't like the previous iteration of the exhaust, only 1-5/8" or how far it ended up sticking out back. I dumped it and started from scratch. This turned out much better at 1-3/4" and significantly more tucked up. Since the back of the car wound not have sufficient air flow for an air air intercooler, I took Mario's advise and went with a PMR water air tube style intercooler. Really nice quality and the compact size will allow me to position it to the passenger side without issue. Good to 450hp . Jamie Novak, a fellow RGrupper from Austin TX was in town and we hooked up for a few drinks and some standing about brainstorming. He has a 914 with a suby wrx motor and tranny so he has been thru some of this already too. Jamie suggested dual radiators just forward of the rear wheels and use a scoop to channel air from under the car toward it. Not much room in there with a max width of 6". We'll see. Still waiting on the flywheel/clutch/pp from Kennedy, taking forever!

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RonW is offline   Reply With Quote