Old 12-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #9
faeflora
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 169935
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
04 FXT, TurboMiata
Black, Green

Thank you everyone, your posts have helped a lot and I feel like I'm getting pretty close to being able to tune my car successfully.

When I alter the MAF Sensor Scaling table, do I want to alter the sensor volts AND the airflow, or just the airflow? I thought that the MAF was only 0-5v but the voltage can go higher in the software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
Three things to add...

First, there are spreadsheets and tools for dialing in the MAF scaling in both open-loop and closed-loop modes. I prefer to force the ECU to run open loop (details here). That you can use one method to dial in the whole MAF scaling from top to bottm.
I agree, that sounds like a much more accurate way to tune my closed loop MAF- in open loop. Thanks!

To me, it looks like the easiest and most reliable way to tune fuel (without messing up any other load tables) would be to use the Engine Load Compensation (MP) table. Looking at the map though, there is not much resolution for boost. I only have two columns. Will it work if I reduce the number of vac columns and add more boost columns?

Like this

Original

Altered
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote