Scooby Guru

Member#: 46277
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
** Ring Time of
7:43.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigga View Post
Those were the best looking Vipers in my opinion. My only beef with them is the super-long gearing (which meant that the car didn't quite perform as the engine specs might make one think) and the interior quality of the car. Some people claim that it is a strength of the car, but as it is presented (cheap-plastic and uninspired design), it isn't.

There is a way of presenting barebones without looking cheap, and I'm not sure that many have figured out how to do that yet.
GTS is definitely the best looking car Chrysler/Dodge/MOPAR/whateverotherbrandthatcompanyownedorowns ever.

The gearing definitely doesn't suit many people's needs (ie. roadcourse drivers). But I really enjoyed it, there wasn't a lot of wheel spin in first, rarely any in second, for highway it would net near 30mpg, and when doing pulls against other cars with more power, the gearing would save the Viper and let it sit next to/stay ahead of cars with 50-100whp more, mostly because they would have to shift so often (aerodynamics played a decent part in it too).

Interior. . . we've done this too many times.

The other cool thing that genII cars can do

Nick
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
White out is offline   Reply With Quote