View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
Evil Homer
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (10)

Member#: 175522
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Default 07 Yamaha R6

Looking to sell my 2007 R6, wishing I had done this sooner. Purchased the bike with 5,700 miles(I believe) back in October 2009 from Britt motor sports in
Jacksonville N.C. Put a majority of the miles on it the first few months I had it. Moved back up to Mass. in March 2010 and since then lost my will to ride,
hardly putting any miles on it at all the past two summers using it as more of a gas saver than anything (my chicken strips prove this ) The bike
has never been down while moving, but has fallen over in the grass with the sliders catching it. No damage done to the bike, only my pride.

Year: 2007
Make: Yamaha
Model: R6 (600cc)
Mileage: 8,860 miles
Mods:
Powercommander III
B&M Intake
FMF shorty exhaust.
Stainless steel brake lines
Shorty adjustable levers.
Frame sliders(missing one)
Flush mount turning signals (temporarily rigged externally for inspection)
White glow lights ( for night riding/safety, not overly br0-tastic)
+ more I'm forgetting

The good: Always been maintained, only used Royal purple in her.
Garage kept.
Never thrashed or abused, front tire has never been more than an inch or two off the ground.
No leaks/noises. Edit: Just discovered the Left fork is leaking oil, will try to fix Both seals replaced by 128 cycles.
Comes with a battery tender and bike cover.

The bad: (full disclosure)
It needs a new rear tire/ maybe a chain.
The P/O had alcohol or some solvent splash on the windscreen/tach, tried cleaning them both but would not come off. Has never bothered me.
One of the tabs that holds a trim piece along the tank snapped. Tried JB welding it but it didn't hold ($50 to replace)
One of the 4 brackets that holds the gauges/front end broke. Had no problems since it broke, but it does rattle a bit at around 2.2k rpms.
CEL is on, Tried replacing the mount mentioned above but got side tracked, put everything back together and the CEL came on. ECU needs codes reset I believe
Couple hair line cracks in the plastic, hardly noticeable.

The bike is located in Salem, Ma and is currently unregistered. The bike can be driven up and down the street to make sure everything works, but only after
cash has been counted and handed over and you present a valid motorcycle license, absolutely no joyrides. The bank currently holds the title to the bike.
Any questions about the bike, anything I've forgotten to mention a PM is the best way to currently reach me.

I am in no hurry to sell, but would like to see this find a new home sooner than later.
KBB and NADA put this at 5-5.7k, Since it is the off season and times are tough I am asking 4k firm.

These are older pictures, I'll get newer pictures tomorrow afternoon.

Edit: New pictures

The blotches on the windscreen

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Evil Homer; 05-17-2012 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Update the OP
Evil Homer is offline   Reply With Quote