soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Default Soccer05 Bugeye Build

Another love package of parts from LIC Motorsports. I have chosen to use the Greddy Infometer Touch as my gauge solution for the car. I really wanted to go with an AIM digital dash display, but it wasn't in the budget at this point. I have heard great things about this unit, and relied heavily on the recommendation from Adam and Noah at LIC. Adjustable user settings, audio and visual warnings whenever the threshold has been exceeded, and with the add on sensors, the ability to monitor oil pressure, oil temperature, water temperature, water pressure, boost pressure, etc. While you could probably get by without these gauges on merely a street driven car, if you plan on pushing the limits of the ej205 at the track, it is essential to have an easy to read and accurate gauge setup. The audible warning feature is essential IMHO, as it allows you to be aware if a threshold has been exceeded without taking your eyes off the track. To try to get around the 5 speeds inherent understeer characteristics (front heavy/front engine car with the stock open front diff) I will be using a multitude of parts to try and convince the car to rotate in a controllable manner. I will be using a 27mm adjustable whiteline rear swaybar, as I prefer to use stiff swaybars to limit body roll and convince the car to rotate and use softer springs to enable the suspension is pliant enough to absorb the bumps of tarmac street canyon runs. The rest of the parts are pretty basic and continues with the theme of tying down the drivetrain to increase response, predictability, and confidence when driving at the limits of adhesion.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote