Old 12-22-2011, 02:59 AM   #20
faeflora
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 169935
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
04 FXT, TurboMiata
Black, Green

OK after about 2 hours I got my AFRs looking pretty decent. It was pretty straightforward.

I didn't use the log and spreadsheet, I just did the math and adjusted the MAF smoothly while watching my AFRs. They are sitting at 11.3-11.7ish which should be fine since I didn't touch the factory timing map. After I get my wideband sensor logging properly I'll tune it in some more. I also zeroed out the open/closed loop transition times and also reduced the throttle position closed loop threshhold which made the car much peppier.

Open loop was just fine and sitting around 14.5-14.7. I'll see how the gas mileage is and will maybe try to set up lean cruise.

I'm on the stock solenoid which is hitting 20psi but sags to around 15. I'm not looking forward to tuning the PID crud. With the 3" exhaust I'd think there is the volumetric efficiency to hold 18psi to redline.

One boost issue I have is that between gears (I have an automatic), boost seems to take a bit longer to build than I think it should. I think it's a boost control thing and not boost onset/spool since this is a baby VF48.

Car is quite a bit more ballsy now. Nothing close to the insanity of my miata but it really does haul off the line in 1st and gets to 100mph pretty quickly.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote