View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
quazimoto
Scooby Guru

Member#: 70395
Chapter/Region: MAIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bug_02 View Post
so its very different to us, all the values used are not the usual we are familiar with for instance "g/rev"..
It's a measurement of engine load. It's the "x" axis on the base timing and openloop fueling maps. It's used because these are MAF based cars.

Quote:
i really want to get rid of this "ping/knock" when under boost. i went thru one specific sticky of "testes1010" where he was giving away maps and checked his RR tables, his knock reads "8" isn't that bad?
No. Your looking at the kc advance table. Every table has a "map description". Click "view" and then "table properties".
Quote:

i was told by AWD Tuning that i need to be tuned in order for ping to go away, because where i have opened up my air flow with all these exhaust upgrades that the factory timing is to aggressive for the car. thats the only info i have received from anyone. is this a fact? Thanks in advance guys!

MODS:
header and up pipe
3 inch down pipe
3 inch catless exhaust
Grimm Speed EBCS
255 Whalbro furl pump
Intake short ram
AEM wideband
Yes it's fact. You also need to probably tune the MAF scaling for the intake (helps if you actually list which one) and absolutely tune the WGDC and turbo dynamics tables for for the ECBS. This isn't something your going to learn overnight........
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
quazimoto is offline   Reply With Quote