soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Default Soccer05 Bugeye Build

Well, when I see a good idea implemented intelligently, I incorporate it into my build. In an effort to increase my cooling systems effectiveness, I will be venting my engine bay with these Run Cool Hood Louvers. Originally got the idea from Turn In Concepts, these will suck air that has already been used to cool the various heat exchangers out of the engine bay, lowering its pressure, which increases the pressure differential between the engine bay and the front of the heat exchangers, which will allow more air to flow through and cool the radiator. Combined with my Koyo high capacity radiator, Crawford water pump, radiator ducting, and higher pressure radiator cap, should drastically increase my cooling systems effectiveness. Here is a perfect example of how a number of small fixes almost always is better than one big fix, and how the ultimate in fixes is when you combine the big fix with a number of smaller fixes. As a side benefit, combined with some other front end aerodynamic modifications, should help streamline my car and improve the overall vehicle aerodynamics. I couldn't justify spending the money on a vented carbon hood to lose a minimal of weight over the nose of the car since the stock aluminum hood is very light, and liked how these looked on the turn in concepts car. Thanks for the idea TIC.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hopefully my front end will look similar to this:
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote