Scooby Newbie

Member#: 199026
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda87 View Post
Interesting concept, yet I believe this will not yield high sales. The only niche this car will appeal to is people in the market for miata's, s2k's or cars of the like. Even then, although maybe biased with my prior Honda background, I would take the higher revving, higher horsepower yielding s2k over the "BRZ."

I believe that Subaru and Toyota, may have missed the mark on this car as the loyal Subaru buyers in the sports car market. (Those whom have purchased wrx/ sti models) Will consider this car a underpowered waste of time. Heck, if I wanted a RWD car with ~200hp I would get myself an s13 and do a sr20 swap or boost the KA, or a 370z.

Mini coopers and Miata's handle like they are on rails but the majority of this community would not think about purchasing them. The Advanced AWD system coupled with the bliss of having F/I are what lure many into buying a wrx/sti.

As someone stated prior, this car will most likely have similar success as the rx-8. Meaning that, it almost lost its, "Subaru Mojo." The attractiveness of the Subaru brand has been smudged by Toyota counterparts. The rx-7 was an very attractive, high performance vehicle and when the rx-8 came out, many were disappointed with the castrated rx-8 that essentially replaced the beloved rx-7.

To each his own car is sharp and probably handles well, but I will never buy one. Hopefully an "STI" model comes out to bump its horsepower and after-market support to lure in additional buyers.
The S2000 isn't manufactured anymore. The 370z is 2x the price. Top Gear says this car is better than a Miata. And yes I agree ppl who are only into AWD+FI+4 spacious seats won't be into this car.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/s...iew-2011-12-03

It has a lower CG than the Ferrari 458, better handling than a 370z, and as fun to drive as a Renault Sport Clio. With Scion's version sitting at a ~$22,000 price tag, I think it will be a very desired car despite what the majority of Subie owners think. The AWD+FI crowd is a minority in automotive enthusiasts. I believe alot of Subaru owners are writing this car off based off of emotional logic. Much like the same feelings Subaru didn't want to participate in this project in the beginning. But they created a b|tching car at the end!

Subaru BRZ GT300 Version
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by AeroWRX; 12-31-2011 at 10:26 PM.
AeroWRX is offline   Reply With Quote