Old 01-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #179
SolidSTI
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (5)

Member#: 232412
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza WRX STI
Matte Black

Over the weekend in between New Year's celebrations I installed the oval catback and an element tuning downpipe.

The had to leave the rear axleback hanger off and the midpipe hanger. The Kartboy extended hangers would not fit properly. The flange on the axle back was slightly crooked as was the midpipe to downpipe flange.

This was remedied with 2 gaskets on the axleback and doing some pull ups on the wrench to torque it. It was enough to bend the flange straighter. The midpipe to downpipe was solved the same way, using the cheap gasket included and a grimmspeed 2x 3" gasket.

If you are willing to deal with some fitment issues, then you will be rewarded on initial start-up with some great sound levels. It isn't quiet like stock, but isn't deafening. It gives just enough to know its there. Cruising is low noise, but get on the throttle and it makes music. I am running a cat-less setup with no resonators btw.

For the price it is hard to really fault it for fitment. I am overall happy with the purchase.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by SolidSTI; 01-12-2012 at 09:55 AM.
SolidSTI is offline   Reply With Quote