Scooby Newbie

Member#: 210371
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2002 wrx wrb
converting money into fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
Alright guys, finally getting back into doing stuff to my car. I currently have LGT 1-2 with a 4.444 FD. Set up works great. Basically 1st gear is the same between the wrx gears and a 3.9 and LGT 1-2 and 4.444s. The other 4 all have much lower top speeds. However the shifting is much more linear between gears.

Here is my dilemma though. I have tried both the wrx and the FXT speedo gear and both are off. wrx is off by about 13% and the FXT is off by about 7%. The FXT speedo is still off becuase the FXT runs 215/60/16 which has a diameter of 26.1 inches. The 235/40/17 I am running has a diameter of 24.4 inches. So does anyone have any recommendations on what speedo gear out to get. I have no problems pulling down the transmission again, just want this right as it makes tuning a nightmare.

And recalibration is not an option as this time because the speedo and the ecu both work off different wires from the sensor from waht information I have gathered. And i have not found the variable to adjust the speedo in any of the tuning software I have tried.

I talked to the guys at Andrewtech about doing my LGT gear swap, including the 4.11 FD. I also asked about a speedo gear, since my stock on wouldn't read correctly. They said that they would custom make one for $85. Should work for you as well.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
svynx is offline   Reply With Quote