Member#: 278763
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyzmi View Post

Questions in my mind:
1. Will the shift boot from the 02 console fit the 05 console or will I need to buy a new shift boot to use my stock shifter? If so, what kind?
2. What needs to be done to make the ebrake have the proper amount of slack and engage as it should?
3. What would be the proper way to "bend" the ebrake without risking damaging it?
4. Is it necessary to rebuy all the screws and fasteners or can the 02 hardware be re-used?
1. trim is different I think, so I'd assume yes
2. either buy the cable shortening kit mentioned in the thread, do the proper thing and get 05-07 (I think those are the correct years) e-brake cables, or ghetto route is stack washers/nuts/whatever to take away slack
3. you can just stack washers to level out the e-brake (kinda ghetto as well, but will work)
4. most the screws were included with the 07 console that I bought, they were the same as my 04.

One thing that I didn't have in my "kit" that was frustrating was the metal bracket that goes below the center vents. You don't "need" it, but my vent won't sit quite flush and I believe it's because I don't have that piece. I was also missing the clips for the heater control mounting screws...tie raps for now
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Zach Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote