Old 01-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #50
soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Some more progress made today. Whiteline rear 27mm swaybar installed. Weird little quirk about the install that I could not find much about online in the forums, concerns the swaybar d mounts. The Whiteline bar, while 27mm in the center narrows down to 24mm on the side to mount to the chassis. I am using the upgraded sway bar mount, as with any increased rear swaybar under aggressive driving could result in failure of the oem mounts. The 27mm bar comes with mounts with a ridge on them, these turned out incompatible with the upgraded swaybar mount, not correctly mounting and dislocating portions of the bushings. So instead of shaving these down, I recommend just using a set of 24mm swaybar mounts, which I had available from my previous swaybar. Fits the swaybar perfectly and fits the mount as good as with the previous bar. I have never been overwhelmed with the fitment of the mounts though, I have tried the trick of flipping them backwards, and this is the closest to oem level of fitment, although it is stil not entirely up to my oem standards.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote