View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #99
5pyral
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 85752

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-REX View Post
I thought the same thing. The 37 ring is pretty thin in contrast to the groove that it fills and looks like it'll barely seal. Mine's been holding strong for almost a month now although I still kinda worry about it since that's where my original leak was.

I put my faith in hoping the ring would expand and create a better seal and maybe that's what mine's done because it's holding up.

But if I did have to do it again I'd go with a slightly bigger ring as you're suggesting just to be extra safe.

I guess if yours has been holding I feel a little better. I could only find 1/8 locally and can tell you that it was too big and it crushed. It lasted a week. Finally got my online order and put in the -37. I really should have metered a metric size. I bet there is something just a touch bigger than 1/16. I am going to power wash my engine bay tonight and drive to see if I have any more smoking. Hard to see the new fluid as it is clear. Just really tired of pulling it and putting it back in. I already stripped the threads for the back bracket bolt when I got it x-threaded.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
5pyral is offline   Reply With Quote