Old 01-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #23
Moore Performance
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (3)

Member#: 231489
Chapter/Region: MAIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bschweig View Post
I am mid rebuild on a 08 STi. New block will have Benson sleeves, Cosworth internals, full slate of cooling mods (Koyo, Crawford hp water pump, AC delete, Spal fans, E85, scoop block off (as its a FMIC), Swaintech coating on most parts, Mocal oil cooler, etc.) and all the other usual mods.

The car is in Colorado. Its a daily driver and 8-10 track day car in the summer (HPDE3/4 maybe TT this year).

I am considering trying your coolant.

As we do freeze here, I assume Ill need Street in the winter.

Correct. Street coolant has propylene glycol as a base to offer freeze protection.

Will this protect internals as well as OEM coolant (Im not worried about a Subaru warranty anymore of course)?

The race coolant has passed corrosion tests that only glycol based antifreeze/coolants typically pass (done by a 3rd part test facility) and from our testing it works very well to protect all metals on a subaru motor especially aluminum.

Are there any issues switching to your Race version in the summer?

Not at all. Just drain out what you can and replace street coolant with race coolant.

Do you ever recommend adding a water wetter to the mix?

No. Our proprietary formula is specially formulated to enhance heat transfer better than any other product on the market today and is to be used as it comes straight out of the bottle.

Do your recommend increasing the % water in the summer?

No. The coolant being poured straight out of the bottle is the best mix and we purposely premix the amount for you so there is no thinking involved. Just drain your system and pout it in.

Thanks for your help!
Let me know if you have any other questions!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

100 River Avenue
McKees Rocks, Pa 15136

Phone - 412-951-6493

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Moore Performance is offline   Reply With Quote