Old 03-29-2003, 07:01 PM   #1
Mr. Grinch
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 34416
Vehicle:
2002 BMW M3
Alpine White

Default Visited Subaru Calgary today

Got the technical dealer release on WRX and STi.

New WRX due next week. New STi due June. 11 deposits down. Given the total dealers for Canada and the total expected STi for Canada, they expect 1 car every two months on average for all Canada dealers. Obviously some will get more.

No news on STi wagon or Legacy 2.5 Turbo.

Canada will NOT get HID lights according to Subaru Canada. Salesperson said something about Canada market could not offer them for environmental reasons. How does every other automaker get them in (MB, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Lexus, Acura, Infiniti, Mazda) ??? Doesn't seem like a good explanation to me.

But apparently Canada STi units will get a stereo. This is what the salesperson says. Personally, I'd rather have the HID from factory and do aftermarket stereo if required. I've got the HK stereo and cd-changer in the M3 and rarely use it... I'd rather listen to the engine. The HID's on the other hand are a HUGE improvement over stock and I love them. It's a huge difference going back to any car without HIDs.

If the dealer is willing, I may go back and put down an advance deposit on an STi wagon if they will put me first on the list if one should come out.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.