Scooby Newbie

Member#: 221915
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
1995 SR20/Impreza L
Metallic Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by .one lane View Post
Yeah, I was wondering how much an RB would weight. I'm surprised it would be 650+. I was trying to figure out what the dry weight of a ej257 + tranny, and how much the difference will would be.

I have my wagon in storage and I no longer drive it. I got a ref ticket awhile back, and the VIN is now registered as a gross polluter. I didn't want to revert back to stock, and no way do I want to get it smogged every year, lol. I was contemplating of making it into a track car.

What's the ground clearance like? Seeing how you dropped the motor an 1''.
clearance is good. crossmember is in stock location just built lower because the SR is a tall engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djelly84 View Post
Jap Performance Parts put an RB26 in their GC8. Saw it in a recent issue of some magazine, thought it was import tuner. It required a ton of work including cutting the tranny tunnel and firewall to get it to fit. I think you'll love the SR. You can make more than enough power there for this chassis in my opinion.

In terms of engine/ trans dry weight, EJ shortblock ~ 250lbs , 5-speed ~ 150 and 6-speed ~ 225 I think.

SR with tranny is ~475.
Yeah ive been keeping tabs with that company for a while now. they arent too helpful. I honestly dont think that their car is as setup as it could be. I can assure you my car will handle with the best of them if not better. The only thing Jap performance has on me is that they use the R200 rear diff haha. The SR is a very well balanced motor (good power for the actual weight of the engine). I've never really liked RB's simply because of the weight, however they make great power and i like the feel of them.

A complete EJ swap (engine w/trans) is only 250lb? are you sure? i could have sworn i read somewhere that it was closer to 500lb.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RiSky is offline   Reply With Quote