Old 01-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #42
subiTWO
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 273054
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza CVT HB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepNMnky View Post
^^^Not sure what the point of this statement is.

I got rid of my Integra years ago, but I am 100% positive I had better mileage than those STILL driving a car from '97. I got 32-34 mpg on that car consistently driving it well above the mph for suggested optimum fuel economy. If I was still driving it today I wouldn't be getting as good of mileage considering all cars I've driven close to 200k miles have gone down MPG wise near the end of my time with the car. I wasn't lying about the mileage I got.

I was making a point that on a car that didn't sell based on advertised MPG & that I beat to **** & raced around in it got great #s & on a car I bought because of their advertised MPG I'm driving it conservatively & have yet to hit the city MPG.

I'll type slower:
On Fuelly.com, the 97 Integras are averaging (with summer/fall temps) mostly 25-27 mpg with today's fuel. Real-world people trying to get great gas mileage.

The '12 Imps are getting mostly 26-28 mpg with cold winter temps and winter gas. With much stricter emissions requirements, hundreds of more pounds to tote around, and a doubling of driveline friction.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
subiTWO is offline   Reply With Quote