Old 01-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #20
RSti_Spyder
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 120907
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2012 Meyers Manx #85
1400 Lb 930 Trans 04 STi

Turn in Concepts, well this project started 10 years ago as a VW powered dunebuggy for my Daughter like the one my Dad and I built in the 70's. She lost interest and it turned to this... Target is autocrossing by this May. Big push at this point now that we have solved suspension issues with the Mendeola set-up. Too much invested to bail now...

Ciper, Kelly at Tig-Werks is building a custom 321 header that will place the Blouch 20g-xtr low and to the left of the crank balancer. Similar to the Porsche 935 placement. The compressor will exit straight up into a Tig-Werks built intercooler. Being rear engined, the air flow is up and over the rear of the body. The horizontal intercooler will also have two Spal fans, water/meth spray and CO2 spray for autocross use. My ideals are now in Kellys hands. Kelly will get all the parts to start next week in UPS. Very excited to have him involved.

Installing the Centerforce 930 clutch tomorrow and mating engine and transmission. Then to fabricate the engine / transmission mounts.

Thanks for the compliments, it helps me push forward!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RSti_Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote