NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 159474
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX4US View Post
I've got to disagree. Though I wish it were just a bit bigger to accomodate a dog crate big enough to hold large dog, our 2002 WRX Sportwagon has worked for our family quite well. i'm not interested in the auto tranny or high ride that the current Forester offers. An XTI (Forester STI) would be perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKRBT View Post
My apologies for posting in the wrong section. I'm not after maximum utility but the performance/sport factor of the WRX but still room for comfortably fitting two kids and some "stuff". My wife and I currently each have a crossover SUV but there is no reason we BOTH need one. If we are both going somewhere, with both kids, for an extended stay where we need big-time luggage space, we'll take her car. We need one vehicle capable of doing that...not two. I want something with good power, good looks, good handling, and all-weather capability. The WRX is on my short list. The Forester, while no doubt a very nice car, just isn't what I'm going for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_gunn View Post
The WRX is a great family vehicle for someone who wants a sporty drive. The Forester isn't quite the same. I say go ahead and get an 09-12 model. The first year of a redesign can have problems, and you'll never buy a car if you wait until next year for something better - something better is always on the horizon.
I'm not really sure which part WRX4US disagrees on. I'm aware that a pre-2008 WRX wagon has more CARGO space than the hatch, but the newer WRX has more PASSENGER volume. The Forester is a lot more comfortable for passengers. My friend has a 2009 Forester Limited and I have a 2011 WRX Limited. A Forester has more usable space all around, but you're stuck with an auto. That's why I mentioned that if you're going for performance, get the WRX. A Forester XTi Limited WOULD be perfect.

I agree that something "better" is always on the horizon. It's kind of the perk with a small company constantly trying to adjust to it's customer base. They have that flexibility.

Since you already own an SUV, just get the current WRX. It has a lot more aftermarket parts available for use, especially the hatchback.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
chanomatik is online now   Reply With Quote