View Single Post
Old 03-30-2003, 10:06 PM   #19
spburns74
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 24608

Remember too, the STI's got the new spec c geometry and all the trick diffs. It lapped faster than the JDM GSR in the current best motoring. Not saying the STI will outhandle the EVO, but either way, they'll be close enough in that department that the better driver should be faster. In the straights though, different story. [/b][/quote]

I agree! Many auto mags have quoted that sitting in the Scooby is like taking a step up in quality compared to the Evo; oh and by the way, you can get a 6 cd changer in the STi, it's an option, so you can't say it doesn't come with one.

Why would you change the tranny? To get the DCCD and a LSD for the front.....which will become hugely important if you do decide to increase the HP. I am not questioning the reliability of the mitu. 5 spd. I do agree the Evo is a great car, I prefer the STi though, for the reason stated above (Tranny, more hp from the factory, I do like the style of the STi better but that is purely an individual preference, and reliability Hx)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by spburns74; 03-30-2003 at 10:13 PM.